Re: Finding an improved release process.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 09:54:34AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
[about woodys bootfloppies]
> are.  Just to say that we have something that works now, and using it
> for sarge would make sarge no worse than what we have now.

With just the (little) problem that woodys installer doesn't work on a
broad range of modern PCs (i386!). And IIRC nobody wanted to touch the
bootfloppies after woody again because they tended to break in various
and catastrophic ways on little changes.

Thus I think it was very necessary, that someone brought the d-i into a
state where it can be activly developed again. I see this as a very
important investment into the future of Debian.

Regards, David

--
  * Customer: "My palmtop won't turn on."
  * Tech Support: "Did the battery run out, maybe?"