Re: Documentation for upstream software authors

Another thing that came to my mind as well:

 - Don't leave spurious CVS/Subversion files/directories
 - Don't use links (neither symbolic or hard)
 - Don't include binary files if possible but their source and add
   rules to compile them.
 - provide good build and install targets in the Makefile
 - don't hardcode paths but have them configurable at compile-time

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds