Re: about volatile.d.o/n

This one time, at band camp, Henning Makholm said:
> Scripsit Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org>
>
> > Some things are not so obvious:
>
> Should volatile include updates of packages such as debian-keyring?
> debian-policy and developers-reference?

I could see (possibly) debian-keyring, but policy and the reference
should be essentially frozen with the release - if policy X is in effect
at release time, all packages that are targeted at that release must use
policy X, unless I'm mistaken.  The reference is, I suppose, less
frozen, but updates that address things like new packaging procedures
that are not present in stable would be problematic.  Also, since these
are all arch: all packages, it's not like they're a big deal to just
grab if you need a newer copy for some reason.
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |