Re: Next reboot script execution framework

This one time, at band camp, Jérôme Warnier said:
> Is there a framework for executing once a script at next reboot in
> Debian (Sarge|Sid)? Any idea of a "clean" way to do it?

touch /some.file

script in or linked from /etc/rcS.d:

[ ! -e /some.file ] && exit 0
body of script
rm /some.file

end script.

That will the run the script once, at next boot, and clean up after
itself, provided the script doesn;t blow up and stop the boot process.
If you want it run at every boot, don't bother with the /some.file hack,
but that's not how I interpreted your question.
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |