Re: Discussions in Debian

On 25 Jun 2004 00:57:08 +0200, David N Welton <davidw@dedasys.com> said:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>> Nice spin. Kinda like "Not allowing me to be a bigot is a pretty
>> biased idea -- it discriminates against bigots".

> Disagree and you are compared to a bigot? So now it's your way or
> the highway, to borrow a phrase?

	You need a lesson in logic, and analogies. And you should
 also learn not to snip away relevant context, like you did above. If
 you had preserved context, you would have seen how the analogy held:
  * I state that only holding one or two optiosn above FD is close
    minded
  * I am told that making that statement itself is close minded

	Hence the analogy. Logic would help you understand that I am
 not calling people who disagree with me bigots -- though again, I can
 see why you would like to call me one; it is often an effective
 debating tactic.

> Manoj, you are not calming this discussion down or improving it, as
> far as I can see.

	I tend not to calm discussions down after being told I
 deceive people, no.

> I don't know what it is about your style of comunication, but it
> reminds me more of "debate club" than rational discussion in search
> of a common ground.

	Faugh. You think we are about seeking common ground any more?
 Where have you nbeen hiding? Here I am, a lone voice in the desert
 crying about close minded voting tactics that refuse to give
 countenance to common ground, and crawling  out of the woodwrk come
 accusations of closed mindedness (you are biased against us people
 who only want one option above further discussion), and accusations
 of not being calm (and no one ever says anything against people who
 accuse me of deception).

> And if the problem is "the other people", why do you continue to
> provoke and inflame them?  Because you have fun arguing or what?
> What is your point?  What are you trying to achieve?

	Riiiiiiiiiight. Just let people call me names, and roll over
 and take it. Fuck no.

	I did not start out by telling people that the subject of
 their posting was misinformation. Funny how I can provoke these
 people by my silence, for silent I was until the grand deception
 thread was brought up.

	manoj
--
Dinosaurs aren't extinct.  They've just learned to hide in the trees.