Re: Debian AMD64 Port Ready

Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> writes:

>> Because one paid for the 64bit stuff and wants to use it?
> So you consider it useless only because the CPU could do something
> else?

So you buy a $insertbigthinghere and only use one half of it?
(bigthing = maybe a car with 300ps, and you only use 10, a fast
processor with >3.2GHz and you let it run only with 500MhZ).

> Bogus argument.

No, that is what counts - in Debian you can only use it in a degraded
mode - so you use another Distri which can use it full.
If we accept this and release without "the full mode" - we are simply
useless for a wide range of people in the future.

--
bye Joerg
Siliziumdioxid wird auf offenen LKWs durch Deutschland gefahren!