Re: binary and libraries in the same package

Tommaso Moroni <moronito@debian.org> writes:

> Hi!
>
> The program dact (http://www.rkeene.org/files/oss/dact/release/dact-0.8.39.tar.gz)
> creates both a binary and a library.
> What should I do when packaging this program? Should I package it as a library or
> as a single binary?

Is there any other software you want to package that would use the
library? Having seperate packages only makes sense if users might want
to install the library but not the binary.

Otherwise you can just compile the library static and link it into the
binary directly or ship them together if static is too much work.

MfG
        Goswin