Anthony Towns wrote:
> The whole point of switching to d-i was to ensure we could maintain our
> installer as we developed it -- it should thus be possible to keep doing
> betas as support for non-free firmware is developed.

Oh also, while that is true, it's also true that it's easier to keep d-i
in a releasable state when unstable and testing are not in a large state
of flux. I imagine that if the release is put off until next year, then
people will be trying to get $pet_update into testing, and this will
seriously destabalise it, and make it much harder to keep d-i working
with it on a constant basis. If that's not your plan then we're instead
stuck with a sarge release in one year that will already be seriously
outdated.

$pet_update = choose(gnome, kde, amd64, X, etc);

--
see shy jo