Re: testing and no release schedule

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 06:25:43PM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> I don't know if I have publically stated that I don't care about
> releases, but with Debian releasing as slowly as it is stable is of very
> little value to anyone unless they have systems roughly 6mo-1yr older
> than the release itself. This is primarily due to the fact that the
> installer is never updated with newer kernels.

I think d-i ought to help with this in the long run; releasing the
kernel component and base-installer plus doing a new images/doc build is
a heck of a lot easier than building the monster monolith that is b-f,
especially since (to my knowledge) everything in d-i autobuilds and b-f
was a largely manual process.