Re: *UNAPPROVED* dpkg nmu

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 06:21:14PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > I'd know this would come.  doogie, you have my full sympathies and
> > I've been aware of this situation.  However, using this as an argument
> > for dpkg's status is just plain wrong.  I remind people of Bug
> > #212796.  RC bug filed on 26 Sep, breaking other packages to build
> > from source.  Joey Hess threatended to NMU dpkg on 30 Sep because
> > there was no response; on 8 Oct Joey Hess said doogie promised "soon".
> > Upload: 25 Oct.  One month for a RC bug breaking other packages...
>
> No excuse for that incident.  Sorry for taking so long.
>
> But just because I was too busy to do an actual upload, doesn't mean I
> was too busy to read email.

Adam, as far as I can tell you're *always* too busy to read e-mail. I
remind you of the BTS move to spohr, which I mentioned on owner@bugs
multiple times several weeks in advance; but the first you claimed to
have heard of it was when you said something along the lines of "eh,
what, why wasn't I told about this?" the very evening I was performing
the move.

Responsiveness with respect to dpkg is essential to the project.

> ps: Sometimes I take so long in doing dpkg uploads, not because I'm
> busy or lazy, but because I want a large set of packages to upgrade
> with apt, so that I can test out my new dpkg changes.

snapshot.debian.net