Re: Anyone who can reproduce bug #234270?

Will Lowe wrote:
> > Is there anyone on the list who has/had problems with the acpid
> > postinst/config scripts? I can't reproduce the bug on my systems
> > and I don't see where/why it happens for the user who reported
> > the bug...
>
> (I'm the user who reported the bug, although it seems to have happened
> to at least one other person from looking at the BTS).
>
> It happens on line 4 of acpid.postinst, where it tries to source
> /usr/share/debconf/confmodule.  See:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=234270&msg=9
>
> I've tried purging and reinstalling it several times, keeps coming
> back.  Looks to me like the debconf frontend is failing, although I
> don't know why that would happen, since debconf works fine with all
> the other packages on my system.
>
> I've copied Joey Hess on this message in case he can shed some light
> on the debconf funkiness.

(Please don't send vital information to control@bugs, that makes it
invisible to future readers.)

I see no indication from what you sent that it's at all related to
debconf. Put the set -x in the script, passing it at the command line
does not work for scripts using debconf.

--
see shy jo