Re: Python or Perl for a Debian maintainance project?

Steve Greenland writes:

>Yeah, it's *much* better to crash, lose all the information I've entered
>in this session, leave a pile of temporary files around that I'll have
>to hunt down and kill, and print a stack dump to some buried log file,
>rather than to catch the error and give me a chance to work around it.

>Yeah, I'm supposed to spend another hour re-entering and processing data
>and give you another chance to throw it away. Riiiiiggggghhhht.

It depends on the situation. In some circumstances it's better to
panic / abort if screwy things are going on to safeguard whatever data
you've already saved. If you're not confident enough of state to carry
on, it's better to bail out (with an appropriate error) than go and
destroy previous data that may be correct...

--
"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds