Re: Python or Perl for a Debian maintainance project?

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:13:18PM +0800, Isaac To wrote:
>     Andrew> It never simplifies code. That's been the whole point for the
>     Andrew> past Eris-knows-how-many years. Any time that you think you've
>     Andrew> found a use of goto that makes the code simpler, there's another
>     Andrew> way to write it without goto that would be simpler
>     Andrew> still. Example above.
>
> But this I'd disagree.  Sometimes in C there is really no good alternative
> than writing a goto.  In any other language one can probably avoid those
> (using exceptions, labeled break/continue, etc).

For any example you can find that appears to show this, I can find an
example which demonstrates a better way without goto. It would be very
easy for goto freaks to prove this if it were true, yet none has ever
been able to. So it's almost certainly false.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |