Re: Python or Perl for a Debian maintainance project?

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:25:29AM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> > Of course this is rare, since Perl code that is ill-behaved enough to
> > throw an exception is rare, so it's more standard Perl idiom to write:
> >
> > do_something_insanely_complicated(create_a_file($name)) or unlink($name);

> If all Perl were like this, I'd be much happier using it.

All well-written perl is like this. If it's not clean and precise then
it's bad perl. The fact that there is a lot of bad perl around does
not affect this.

It is not difficult to write perl like this, but it does require that
the programmer suppresses the urge to be a retard.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |