Re: getting all modified conffiles

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 19:46, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Oliver Kurth <okurth@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to write a script that gives me a list of all modified
> > conffiles. Not too hard, by parsing /var/lib/dpkg/status and comparing
> > the md5sums. But it would be easier if I could get the contents of a
> > particular field of installed packages, 'Conffiles' in my case, by
> > calling some program. dpkg-deb -f can only be used on .deb files, but
> > not on installed packages.
> >
> > Any ideas?

> Ever tried debsums?

Thanks. But debconf uses /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.md5sums. This is a list of
md5sums of all files in the packages, not just conffiles, and not all
packages have such a list. The last point makes it useless. The md5sums
that are used to determine if a conffile has been modified and lets dpkg
ask if it should overwrite or not are stored in /var/lib/dpkg/status.
debsums does not read that file, AFAIK.

Greetings,
Oliver