#include <hallo.h>
* Chris Cheney [Thu, Feb 12 2004, 02:40:31PM]:

> > > Even if you are a DD unless you are in the cabal don't bet on
> > > getting anything changed.
> >
> > 	Ah, conspiracy theories.
>
> You very well know what I am talking about... The people in the project
> that have priviledged positions that other DD's can't replace even if

Seconded. I remember (private mail, no names) an answer looking like
"You are still a newbie so better shut up" to constructive critics.
Reading this to the time when I had dozens of packages and was very
active on debian-boot was like a slap in the face.
IIRC Adrian Bunk retired some time later - I did not have exactly the same
position but I was near to do the same thing. This feeling of having a
shadow cabinet cabinet against you does NOT motivate anyone. It makes
people feel sick and turn to other tasks instead of helping on the right
place.

I would also repeat the statement to NMs and other contributors, seen
already on this thread:

I and many other developers do appreciate your work! It is often much
more than $joe-average-DD does. Do never think that not having a DD
status makes you be not worthy to talk to the "leet group" among us.

Regards,
Eduard.