Re: Why Linux, Why Debian

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	However, I would indeed want to cover why one would want to
>  select Linux over the BSD's, and why one would want to select Debian
>  over the other distributions.
You might read

      http://people.debian.org/~tille/debian-med/talks/paper/debian-med-7.html

regarding to my preference of Debian over other distributions.  It is part
of my Debian-Med talk and features the fact that Debian is *potentially*
(not in every case of real live) more adaptable to special user interests,
because it is able to cover small market shares (like special medicine
software, etc.)

Kind regards

       Andreas.