How does a port become real?

Hello,

I am working on two ports (netbsd-i386 and amd64) that have mailing
lists hosted here but are not yet present on ftp.debian.org.

I have some questions:

 * What does it take to qualify a Debian port for a spot on
   ftp.debian.org?  Must we reach a certain stage, have a certain
   number of packages working, or something?

 * Can bugs for these not-quite ports be submitted even before they have
   a spot on ftp.debian.org if patches are included?

 * What is the procedure for getting space on ftp.debian.org once we
   (the porters) believe the qualifications have been met?

 * Same question for the autobuilders.

Thanks,

John Goerzen