Re: My gpg key and the debian keyring

Ian Eure wrote:
On Monday 29 December 2003 02:58 am, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

I was stupid enough to install my gpg key on people.debian.org, one of
the compromised machines. So I have revoked the old key, created a new
one, have it signed by a debian developer and send it to "keyring-maint
at debian dot org".

My apologies if I seem a bit impatient, but I have sent the new key on
December 4th and nothing has happened since then. Is there anything I
can do to speed up the process? I would like to work on my packages, do
some bug fixing and upload new packages.... Any idea when the debian
keyring gets updates?

There is nothing you can do to speed this process up. I've been trying to get my updated key (old one expired... again) into the keyring since July with no luck. I was informed that simply sending the key to the keyserver ('gpg --send-keys') would update it, but this doesn't seem to be the case, as the key listed there is not the one I sent.

Guess I have to sit on my hands for a while and stop my work for debian. What a bummer. :-(

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Joop