Re: kernel-image not installed by default in woody

<clears holiday backlog of mailing list posts>

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 12:03:59PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> A kernel is always installed.  A kernel _package_ is not installed by
> default (in woody).

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I suppose my original question was whether or not this is a sensible
thing to do given that it results in insecure machines in the scenario
of a clean install + upgrade from Debian servers.

I strongly suspect it's not a good idea, but I'm not aware of any
previous discussion on the issue. Does debian-installer do the same
thing? (My current shortage of boxes has hitherto prevented me from
trying it out....)

S.