Re: Services I'd like from auric

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 02:15:33PM +0100, Martin Loschwitz wrote:
> Restricting the access to auric on the long term is a clear vote of no
> confidence against any Debian developer with an account in LDAP DB

You seem to consistently use rather strong language... I wouldn't be
surprised if this turned away any -admin members from even discussing it.
FYI, FWIW.

And to answer that, yes, that's right, it's a vote of no confidence.
There's nothing wrong with avoiding the situation where one has to trust a
thousand people in favor of the situation where one has to trust a handful
of them. Better yet, make that a O(thousand) possible sets of circumstances.

> However, you need to understand (and accept) that for others information
> from auric may be essential in order to get the tasks done they got done
> so far.

Okay, if you say so, I guess this really disables you from doing something
useful, but I still don't see why you have to generalize and can't instead
simply ask for yourself (and whoever else is in on this thing) to be given
access to the data?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.