Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

Cameron Patrick wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:57:29PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
>
> | > Because you gain *nothing*
> |
> | Are you claiming that everyone who says that .desktop has technical
> | advantages is a liar? These features actually do not exist in the
> | desktop format? (It may be so; I have no firsthand information, but it
> | does sound far out).
>
> Most of the advantages of .desktop that I am aware of are currently
> vapourware - i.e. they're in the specs on the freedesktop.org site, but
> not yet implemented in KDE and Gnome.

This is not true. Almost all features are being used in current KDE and to
some degree by current GNOME. Could you please give examples?

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh@gmx.net wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB
        La loi, dans un grand souci d'égalité, interdit aux riches comme aux