Re: [custom] Debian Enterprise - flavors

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Joerg Wendland wrote:

> Sure, but configuration of the samba package should be the
> responsibility of this package.  What the Debian Enterprise project
> should do is to work with the samba maintainer to achieve this and
> maybe provide some sort of special configuration package.  This is what
> I meant when writing about meta-packages and having work done by a
> sub-project benefit the whole Debian system.
I would see chances for extra configuration if there are more than one
package involved.  From personal experience I know the example that Zope
works fine together with apache.  You can define rewriting rules for
apache to the Zope server, use SSL through apache or do some caching.

Those kind of inter package configuration might make some sense.  Just
a rough guess some samba ldap relations might be possible.  Changing
configurations of single packages should be solved via the BTS ...

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
Sie schaffen eine Wüste und nennen es Frieden.
		-- Publius Cornelius Tacitus (55-120)