Re: [custom] The term "flavor" and encouraging work on Debian

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 12:44:17PM +0100, VEROK Istvan wrote:
> Due to the unclear connotations, there is a great deal of confusion over
> the terms "internal project", "subproject", "flavor", "custom Debian
> distribution" and the like.  To clarify my own thinking, I started using
> just "subset" and "mutation" instead.

I don't mean any offense to you or your terms but I think that the
major source of the confusion is not the the imprecision of the terms
because (as other have pointed out) all terms are imprecise. The major
problem is the *number* of these terms. Adding one or two more, even
with their benefits, would IMHO be counteproductive at this point.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill