Re: Programming first steps.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 03:36:05AM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> I learnt C++ first, then switched to C later.  Am I The Only One?(tm)

No, that was the way it was taught at the University I've just managed to
escape from.  Still managed to produce a really crap crop of programmers,
though.

>From what I've heard from people whose opinions I trust, Python is a pretty
good language to bring yourself into the world.  Just don't stick on
thinking that programming has to be done that way.  Take Lisp as an example
of how to program in a totally different way (or Smalltalk, for that
matter).

- Matt