Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

> Debian 3.0 contains 7 CDs with binaries and Debian 3.1 might contain 10
> or more CDs. How do you explain to a user why there are 10 CDs, but this
> popular package is not included, and that package he needs is not
> included?
>
> Saying "The maintainer didn't care enough about the package you need."
> only sounds like a good reason to switch to RedHat...  :-(

There are going to be packages that users want that aren't included.
That's life. We are never going to support every program that anyone
might think they need.

If you were a Debian developer, you could fix this by adopting or at least
NMUing important programs that were unmaintained. Is it easier to stand
on the outside and complain then actually work to making it better?

Do you want a free e-mail for life ? Get it at http://www.email.ro/