Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 03:41:14AM -0600, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:
> > > There must be somthing true in it,
> >
> > 	I think you really need to examine your understanding of
> >  causation.  Lots of people hold a view, so it must be true?
>
> I might have translated an Italian expression in english (this might not have the
> same meaning), but i meant that there maust be something in the entire issue
> that is true/matter of fact/source of the issue. I did not ment that the
> entire issue is true. If people don't like James as DAM, i did not meant that James
> is "bad", but somthing bad happened, while he was representing Debian. When
> something like that happen i (we?) can't for sure defend or blame James,
> because one is more driven by the good things heared, the other is driven by
> people saying bad things.

It is invalid to go from:

"People object to the way the DAM does things"

to:

"People don't like James as DAM"

without any evidence or rationale that their objections are related to
him specifically.

That aside, I would be very worried if there weren't any people
objecting to the DAM. That would indicate he's letting people get away
with too much. This means it's useless as a measure of problems.

So, I find both your argument and your interpretation of its
conclusion to be entirely without merit.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |