Re: window manager recomendation

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:41:16 +0100
wyo@users.sourceforge.net (Otto Wyss) wrote:

Hi,

> > Hoping this won't turn into a flame war, I am looking for
> > recommendations for a window manager. I tried quiet a few but none
> > seem to fit the bill yet.
> >
> I don't know if XFCE fits all your requirements but since it's not
> only a window manager but a light weight desktop I like it. The
> application menu is a little bit chaotic but usable.

I'm quite fond of waimea, which is only a light-weight window manager
(no session restore etc). In the default config, it features nine
virtual desktops, which can easily be rotated by moving the mouse out of
the actual screen (some people might find this extremely annoying). If
you are not into these colourful desktops, give it a try.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/waimea
or apt-get install waimea :)

But there is one thing to mention: development seems to be stalled for
some time now, I can't complain about bugs though.

Cheers,
Serge