Re: netkit-inetd in sarge

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 12:06:31PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> Getting worried about this kind of denial of service is pointless.
> Denial of service attacks are only worth worrying about when they're
> significantly cheaper for the attacker than for you, and even then they
> are often better handled at an upstream router.

FWIW, incoming traffic in Australia is charged at 10c/MB, outgoing traffic
in the US is charged at about $3/GB (or less) (AUD). This is a serious
nuisance for some of us, not that there's anything to be done about it.

Cheers,
aj

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda