Re: nethack popularity contest - number_pad?

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:01:57AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * "Steve C. Lamb"
> |     Doesn't work since to do that requires individual mailings.  Batching is
> | far better for efficiency.

> You need to do VERP to handle bounces properly anyway.  And today you
> can just throw CPU and bandwidth at the problem.  It doesn't seem to
> be a problem for most people to have it off.

    I always love people who use this.  Shows they've never really thought the
matter through.  "What, it's ineffcient?  Well, gee, can't everyone just
afford a bigger box?"  Of course we'll just ignore the whole point that there
are two sides to that transaction and the other side just might not want to
transfer 15 copies of the same message when 15 RCPT TOs work just fine.

> If you want it enabled on your lists: turn it on.  I think that's
> broken (because of the abovementioned reasons) and will not change the
> default.

    You gave no reasons.  You only made vague statements without backing them
up.