Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:03, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Then please think about the reason for Adrian's last action. The
> maintainer just closed the bugs simply assuming that the new upstream
> would have fixed the problems. Even without beeing able to reproduce the
> problem in order to proove that assumption.

The issue was not ability to reproduce the problem.

If someone closes one of my bug reports with "I can't reproduce this and think
it's fixed, if it's not then please re-open it" then there would be no cause
for debate.  Sure that might still break the letter of the law, but not the
spirit.

The thing that annoyed me is that some of the bugs were totally trivial to
test, it was quite obvious that no effort was made to reprosuce the bugs, and
probably they weren't even read before being closed.