Re: Horrific new levels of changelog abuse

> This seems like a lot of argument over avoiding putting six more words
> into the changelog file giving information that the maintainer clearly
> already has (since otherwise they wouldn't know that they could close the
> bug), and which is obviously useful for users.

Hear, hear.

You can't tell me that it's so much more difficult to write:

   * New upstream release
     - Fix such-and-such behavior (closes: #nnnn)

instead of just:

   * New upstream release (closes: #nnnn)

The question in my mind is, if you can make some of your users and
fellow developers happier just by adding a few words of detail to your
changelog, why would you *not* do it?  What's the point?  Add the six
words and get on with life.

Sheesh.

KEN

--