Re: csound and extract binary conflict

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 07:17:17AM -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:
> csound contains a helper executable called extract. Apparently
> /usr/bin/extract conflicts with the package extract. [1]  Are there any
> guidelines on how to rename a binary in a situation like this, so that
> csound users can figure out what the new non-conflicting binary is
> called?

Rename in a consistent manner: something like csound-extract could be ok.
You have to modify also man pages, scripts and other (possibly) deep
dependencies. Hacking configuration/building scripts is probably
better...

> As an aside, I am not a DD (yet) and apparently I do not get bug reports
> mailed to me directly even though I am listed as the maintainer for the
> package; the bug reports go to my sponsor. I have signed up on the PTS
> now, but is this normal behavior for the BTS?
>
> 1. Bug #205918

It depends on how he generated packaged and signed it. Probably he
results the real maintainer currently.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine