Re: Should this be filed as grave? Gcc-2.95

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:36:45 -0500 (CDT)
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > (IMO, the kernel ignoring $(CC) is the kernel's problem.)

> Don't you know your O doesn't matter, only Steve's?

    This isn't a matter of opinion.  Simple test.  When you install the
following packages what do you get?

exim:
bind:
python2.2:
kernel-image-2.2.20:
gcc-2.95:

    Now, play the old kid's game.  "One of these is not like the other, one of
these does not belong..."  The one that doesn't belong is the one that
installs a version of software *other* than what was requested.  The one that
doesn't belong is the one that does something contrary to every other package
out there.

    That isn't an opinion.  That is fact.  That is quantifiable.