Re: A success story with apt and rsync

> From time to time the question arises on different forums whether it is
> possible to efficiently use rsync with apt-get. Recently there has been a
> thread here on debian-devel and it was also mentioned in Debian Weekly News
> June 24th, 2003. However, I only saw different small parts of a huge and
> complex problem set discussed at different places, I haven't find an
> overview of the whole situation anywhere.

Sorry that I write so late but I'm not reading debian-devel regularly.

I've started a solution to distribute Debian mirrors by rsync about 2
years ago. The only "impact" (if impact is the right word) of my
soultion on Debian is the use of the rsync patch for gzip. Everything
else is solve by my perl script so you might find ideas for your apt
solution there. See "http://dpartialmirror.sourceforge.net/";.

O. Wyss

--
See "http://wxguide.sourceforge.net/"; for ideas how to design your app.