Re: APT- Get Error - Dynamic MMap ran out of room

* Mike Haill <haill@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> As a brand newbie to linux,  I'm hoping that someone can help me out
> with a problem.

This should have better been mailed to a debian-user-mailinglist and not
to debian-devel for it is a well-known problem.

> Reading Package Lists...Error!
> E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
> E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
> E: Error occured while processing shoop-dev (NewVersion1)
> E: Problem with MergeList
> /var/state/apt/lists/wuarchive.wustl.edu_mirrors_debian_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_packages
> E: msync
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

> I created an apt.conf file in /etc/apt and added;

> APT::Default-Release "stable";
> APT::Cache-Limit "141943904";

Our German FAQ says that you should set the cache-limit to:

/etc/apt/apt.conf:
APT::Cache-Limit 16777216;

Does it fix your problem then?

By the way, I believe this bug was fixed in later versions of apt. If
you are using woody you might have a look at a fixed backport at
<http://www.apt-get.org/>.

Regards,
Marcus
--
"Ich hab BIND Code gelesen. Und es war schrecklich. Ich hab tinydns Code
gelesen. Und es war schrecklich. Man sollte Paul Vixie und DJB mal DNS