Re: default MTA for sarge

Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@digital-scurf.org> wrote:
[...]
> Fair enough. Is the upgrade path from exim3 to exim4 utterly smooth?

It is not utterly smooth but as smooth as I could make it.

> If not, we should make it optional which to choose, if it is utterly
> smooth then let's have exim4 by default, or at minimum a 'one of' choice
> of things like exim3 exim4 and postfix.

So you are voting for the MTA task alternative.

I just don't get how this is conncted to smooth upgradability? Afaict
we were only discussing which (or if an) MTA should be installed on
fresh installations, upgrades should not be influenced by this.
             cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_