cups, infinite loop print-out

Hi,

after an update (within testing) I encounter substantial problems with
the previously working printing system:

  For certain files (including the test page from cups!)
  the print job is not removed from the print queue
  and printing does not stop.

I have no clue at all what is causing this as I did not change
any configuration files.
Below I try to provide some information on my system, but I'd guess
that this is not enough.
I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to single
out the source of the error...

(I hope that I put this question in the right mailing list, if not please
don't flame me ;-)

Many thanks,

Arnd

Some details:
-------------

dpkg -l | grep  cups
ii  cupsys         1.1.19final-1 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server
ii  cupsys-bsd     1.1.19final-1 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD comman
ii  cupsys-client  1.1.19final-1 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client pro
ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.5-3       Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS
ii  libcupsimage2 1.1.19final-1  Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - image libs
ii  libcupsys2     1.1.19final-1 Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - libs
ii  libqtcups2     2.0-4         Qt interface library for CUPS
ii  qtcups         2.0-4         Qt front-end for CUPS.

I am using lpr. the printer is a HP Laserjet 2200DN, the printer
was configured with CUPS (localhost:631)  via ipp:/http
and for the PPD I choose the one from HP, in which it states:

% PPD for HP LaserJet 2200 Series
*% === PPD File Version Information ====
*FileVersion:      "1.00"
*FormatVersion:    "4.3"
*LanguageEncoding: ISOLatin1
*LanguageVersion:  German
*PCFileName:       "HP2200_6.PPD"

I also set the LogLevel to debug /etc/cups/cupsd.conf,
but this did not help me further ...