Re: eicar.com installer in Debian, and pre-upload interface to ftpmaster

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:21:05 +0200, Thomas Wana <thomas@wana.at> wrote:
>Am Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2003 16:51 schrieb Marc Haber:
>> Additionally, I would like to seriously propose establishing a
>> pre-upload interface to ftpmaster so that a developer could learn that
>> he is writing a package pending rejection after upload _before_
>> spending time on building that package. I find it disturbingly
>> impolite to say "sorry, we don't want your volunteer work" _after_ the
>> work has been done.
>
>Well that's the purpose of ITP-bugs against wnpp I think, because
>they are CC'd to debian-devel for public review.

I do not ask for public review, I ask for a pre-work interface to
ftpmaster which is the single instance of power that is able to
disallow a package into the archive.

Please show me a single ITP bug number where ftpmaster has said "this
package will not go into the archive, I will reject it on upload".

>And since ftpmaster sent you to -devel he would obey the opinion
>of the list.

The list does not seem to have an opinion yet.

Greetings
Marc