Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations

> However I've found a number of packages which use a long
> description which is more or less the _same_ as the short
> description.

This is just a thought, but perhaps the control file could
incorporate a mechanism for common description of packages
from the same source.  For example, NetCDF has a fine
description for the main package, but lousy, redundant ones
for sub-packages, such as netcdfg-dev:

  Development kit for NetCDF.

  Includes headers, static libraries, and documentation.

The maintainer has often already put time into making a good
description for the main package, and it would be lovely if
that description could also appear in sub-packages with
little effort and without copy-and-paste.

Thanks for your efforts to improve descriptions!

thanks,
-neil