Re: Accepted bwidget 1.6.0-1 (all source)

Josip Rodin <joy@srce.hr> writes:

> On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 08:39:50AM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
>> > Perhaps a separate, concise message to debian-devel-announce?
>>
>> I doubt it would help.  I see changelog abuse as an act of laziness, not
>> ignorance.  Common sense says that you should be listing changes in the
>> changelog.  It's not like there aren't plenty examples of changelogs, as
>> well as discussions on IRC and mailing lists, and a lengthy dissertation
>> in the Developer's Reference.
>>
>> If a few particular maintainers are going to ignore all of the examples
>> of proper changelog use, why should a message to debian-devel-announce
>> help?  They'll just ignore that too.
>
> Actually, they might not. The developers' reference section on that is
> fairly new, so not all people may have seen it. Reminding them via -d-a
> wouldn't quite be as effective as shoving it down their throats :) but
> I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

Hmm.  Maybe for each major release of the developers' reference, an
announcement on d-d-a should be made that recites the new additions.
Currently, it's not really obvious what's been added to it, and many
developers probably ignore it for months or years at a time.

--
Poems... always a sign of pretentious inner turmoil.