Re: OpenEXR packages

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Drew Hess wrote:

> I'm the upstream maintainer of OpenEXR.  Is there anything I can do to
> help expedite getting OpenEXR into Debian?  Not much has happened since
> the original ITP as far as I can tell.  If something's broken on our side,
> let me know and I'll fix it.

Looks like you've even got two to choose from:

* #178165: ITP: openexr -- High dynamic-range image format for computer
imaging
Package: wnpp; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Jay Bonci <jay@bonci.com>;
91 days old.

* #178317: ITP: openexr -- A high dynamic-range image file format by ILM
Package: wnpp; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Andrew Lau
<netsnipe@debianplanet.org>; 90 days old.

Have you contacted either (or both) of the people listed in these bug
reports to ask them what's going on?  That's probably a better way to find
out if there are problems in the packaging (although if there were problems,
the prospective packager should have contacted you about them).

About the only guaranteed way to expedite getting anything into Debian is to
make sure the licence is DFSG free and then either do it yourself (if you're
a DD) or make a contractual arrangement with a DD to package it and submit
it for inclusion.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16