Re: Does your upstream know you? They should. (Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian)

Il gio, 2003-04-24 alle 21:07, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> A Debian maintainer should not be a stranger to the upstream maintainer.
> Your (active) upstreams should _already_ know who you are and that you are
> responsible for the Debian packaging of their software.  The one thing that
> they need to know about Debian is that you are their point of contact.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is in the developer's documentation somewhere, but if
> it isn't, it certainly should be.
"A big part of your job as Debian maintainer will be to stay in contact
with the upstream developers..."

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-developer-duties.en.html#s-upstream-coordination

I just (re)read developer's reference for my Applicant process...;)

--
Andrea Capriotti <a.capriotti@nettuno.it>