Re: Who b0rked my Ghostscript and fonts?

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 12:02:00PM +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

 Hi,

dunno about your gs problems, but...

> There is some other weird things going on, too. If I install font
> packages like ttf-dustin and ttf-bitstream-vera , I can't see those
> fonts with xfontsel. All fontconfig-aware programs, like Mozilla, can
> use them, of course. I had to do this to make those fonts available to
> non-fontconfig-aware software, like rxvt:

[...]
>         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont"
>         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-bitstream-vera"
>         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/dustin"
>         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/openoffice"
>         FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/thryomanes"

Don't do this. Install x-ttcidfont-conf and add
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType to your font paths
instead. (Which almost every font package's README.Debian tells you to
do, btw.)

> cd /usr/share/fonts/truetype
> for f in ./*(/) ; do ; echo $f ; cd $f ; ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale ; mkfontdir ; chmod ugo+r ./* ; cd .. ; done
> chmod -R ugo+rX *

No need, x-ttcidfont-conf will take care of this for you.

-Michael