Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 10:34:14PM -0700, David Nusinow wrote:
> You're forgetting that we don't really know what Reiser's intentions
> are. His complaints don't address anything specific, but instead throw
> out terms like plagiarism and bowdlerization in order to avoid listing
> specific complaints. Reiser didn't discuss this with the maintainer and
> come to an agreement, but instead threw a hissy fit accusing the whole
> project of some abstract crimes. We don't know if the problem is due to
> the accidental removal of the credits list from the documentation, or

Regardless of what the compliants are, I would hope that the next
version of the package (regardless of if it appears in main or non-free)
has *this* credits list put back in it.

I believe this aspect to be entirely non-controversial, and that it
needs to get fixed ASAP, regardless of what the outcome with the other
issues might be.

I think it was purely an oversight, and in no way intended. It should
also be easy to fix.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>