Re: Problem with fwbuilder on machine without X-Free

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 08:22:29PM +0100, David Goodenough wrote:
(...)
> messages, and it mentioned that it could not find xauth.  So I looked
> up the package for xauth and that is xbase-clients, and sure enough
> that had not been dragged in by the dependancy chain for fwbuilder.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True enough, fwbuilder should not have it.

> When I installed xbase-clients sure enough fwbuilder worked remotely
> through ssh -X.
>
> Now I suspect that this is not a problem with fwbuilder's dependancies,
> but I am not quite sure whose problem it is.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes:
$ apt-cache show ssh |grep Suggest
Suggests: ssh-askpass, xbase-clients, dpkg (>=1.8.3.1), dnsutils

That's what happens when you rely too much on apt. Suggests are not
included in the dependancy chain (of ssh), it's your job to do it. You
wouldn't have run into this if you had used 'dselect' or some other apt/dpkg
frontend (aptitude would?)

Regards

Javi