Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 07:54:26AM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> Well, doesn't the GPL say something on it being illegal to impose additional
> restrictions on distribution?

If the restriction is agreed upon by all copyright holders, then the issue
is murky; as far as I know, there's no consensus on this issue on debian-
legal.  (I believe Branden Robinson claims that any such additional
restrictions render the license internally inconsistent, such that it's
impossible to satisfy, but not everyone agrees.)

I don't know of any software in Debian or non-free that is licensed
under the GPL with additional restrictions (except, perhaps, this one).
If you know of any, it might be worth bringing up on d-legal.

--
Glenn Maynard