Re: If Debian decides that the Gnu Free Doc License is not free then I will be honored to join Stallman and the FSF in the not free section of your distro

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 10:08:57AM +0400, Hans Reiser wrote:
> I find it unspeakably ingrateful to Stallman that some of you begrudge
> him his right to express his (discomforting to some) views to all who
> use his software, and to ensure that they are not removed by those suits
> who are discomforted.

> As far as I am concerned, I have no desire to have ReiserFS distributed
> for free by anyone who removes the GNU manifesto or similar expressions
> from Stallman's work (or my own) and redistributes it.  It is simply a
> matter of respect that is due the author.

Thank you for making your position clear.  If it is your intention that
the license of your software be understood to prevent third parties from
removing this advertising material from the output of the program, I'm
sure that Debian will be more than willing to comply with your wishes by
removing your non-free software from our distribution.

> I will be happy to work with the FSF in recruiting other software
> authors to this task of stemming plagiarism and political bowlderization
> by distros before it becomes a bigger problem than it is now.

Get over yourself.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer