Re: If Debian decides that the Gnu Free Doc License is not free then I will be honored to join Stallman and the FSF in the not free section of your distro

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:08, Hans Reiser wrote:
> I find it unspeakably ingrateful to Stallman that some of you begrudge
> him his right to express his (discomforting to some) views to all who
> use his software, and to ensure that they are not removed by those suits
> who are discomforted.
>
> As far as I am concerned, I have no desire to have ReiserFS distributed
> for free by anyone who removes the GNU manifesto or similar expressions
> from Stallman's work (or my own) and redistributes it.  It is simply a
> matter of respect that is due the author.

Hans, you are going way off-track here.

No-one in the Debian project has any desire to deny correct attribution to the
people who deserve it.

However there are technical issues.  When recovering a system you have a
limited scroll-back buffer that you don't want to have needlessly overrun by
such material.

When you choose to discuss the matter politely with the right people then I am
sure that you will be able to determine a suitable solution that gives
appropriate credit where due in the minimum amount of screen space.

If you find that it is impossible to reach an agreement then you can forward
the relevant paragraphs of their messages where you believe that they are not
being reasonable to the appropriate mailing lists and then we can determine
who is correct and act accordingly.