Re: stop the "manage with debconf" madness

I demand that Matt Zimmerman may or may not have written...

> On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 09:06:38PM +0100, Matt Ryan wrote:

>> Eventually someone (MDZ seems to be starting this again) will come up with

Come up with what?

Let's restore some context...

>> a sensible solution (that doesn't predepend on some configuration program
>> bloat) that will deal with this.

> Please avoid using my name in support of your arguments.  I rather not be
> associated with your recent publicity.

Ahem. From here, given that reference to a sensible solution and your
"proposed handling" posting (which looks like it'll become Something Useful),
that looks like "look, things are heading in the right direction again".

Maybe you were too quick to criticise Matt and to distance yourself?

--
| Darren Salt   | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| woody, sarge, | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| RISC OS       | Toon Army      | demon co uk
|   This space reserved for future expansion

Beware of friends who are false and deceitful.